TBA , Family Director
We will build a stronger, more vibrant and faithful community by strengthening the building blocks of our world - the FAMILY.
Family of the Month Program
On the fifteenth day of each month - from August through July - 100 "Family of the Month" reporting forms are drawn at random from among all entries received at the Supreme Council office for the previous month. Each of the families selected receive a beautiful Holy Family statuette along with a letter of congratulations from Supreme Knight Carl A. Anderson.
What's considered in the search for the "Family of the Month"?
- Is the family tight-knit? Does the family spend quality time together?
- Does the family attend weekly Mass together? Does the family pray together outside of Mass?
- Has the family made significant contributions to the parish and church community?
- Does the family serve as a model of Catholic family values?
- Does the family spend its time together interacting instead of in front of the television set?
To submit a Family of the Year nomination at the State Convention, the Council must select a family from one of the names submitted to Supreme during the current program year
. Councils can pick 6 families that are non-KC's during the year for State rewards. Supreme requires that the Family be picked from those families that were picked during the year.