Warning: session_start(): Cannot start session when headers already sent in ../admin/display.php on line 10
Notice: Undefined index: type in ../admin/display.php on line 14
Notice: Undefined index: num in ../admin/display.php on line 15
Notice: Undefined variable: result in ../admin/display.php on line 35
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in ../admin/display.php on line 35
A candidate's first impression of the Knights of Columbus is formed through his participation in the ceremonials of our Order. This impression may well be a lasting one and determine if the prospective member will be an eager, active member of his council or a passive member. All ceremonials must be conducted in a proper, professional manner to allow the candidate to properly learn the lessons of the degrees, and to cause him to want to advance to the higher degrees of the Order.
- Admission (1st) Degree team in every council
- Formation (2nd) Degree team in every district
- Conferring Officers in each region
Every council should form its own Admission Degree team. This will allow the council to conduct the Admission Degree as often as is necessary.
A newly recruited candidate may lose interest in becoming a knight if he has to wait a long time for his Admission Degree. To that end, each Grand Knight should appoint a council ceremonials chairman. The council ceremonials chairman will recruit and train members to serve on the team. While it is currently permissible to read the parts of the Admission Degree, the goal should be for all parts to be memorized, and delivered in a clear, dramatic manner.
Formation and Knighthood >>
- The Grand Knight is in charge of scheduling the Admission Degree
- Until a council can obtain ceremonial robes, business suits with the 3rd Degree baldric and jewel of degree office can be worn
- The District Deputy certifies Admission Degree teams, team members, and evaluates the performance of the teams within his district